Robert Morris 66, Monmouth, N.J. 53Jan 23, 2010 - 11:46 PM WEST LONG BRANCH, N.J. (AP) -- Mezie Nwigwe scored 15 points and Karon Abraham had 13 to help Robert Morris defeat Monmouth (N.J.) 66-53 on Saturday in its fourth-straight win.
The Colonials (11-8, 6-1 Northeast Conference) shot 60 percent from 3-point range (9 of 15), while holding the Hawks to 29 percent form long range (9 of 31) and 29.4 percent from the field (15 of 51).
Robert Morris trailed 31-21 with 17:45 left to play, and went on an 11-3 run over the next 4:27 to bring the deficit to two. Abraham brought the Colonials within 34-32 on a 3-pointer with 13:19 remaining.
Following a Monmouth (9-10, 5-2) timeout, Abraham hit another 3 with 12:25 left to give Robert Morris its first lead, 35-34, since 2:20 left to play in the first half. The Colonials wouldn't trail the rest of the way.
Will Campbell scored 15 points for the Hawks.
- NCAA BB
ROBERT MORRIS 66
MONMOUTH 53 FINAL
Jan 23 6:13 PM
- NCAA BB
ROBERT MORRIS 17
MONMOUTH 19 HALFTIME
Jan 23 4:58 PM
- Monmouth basketball coach King Rice has new 5-year contract Feb 26
- Born with broken ankle, Monmouth guard beating doubters Feb 18
- GIF away, Monmouth! NCAA not stopping bench celebrations Dec 9
- Surprising Monmouth basketball winning and having fun Dec 3
- Toole gets extension at Robert Morris Apr 15
- Duke crushes Robert Morris in NCAA opener Mar 21
- Colonials and Blue Devils mix it up in NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- No. 6 Tar Heels beat Robert Morris 103-59 Nov 17