Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 66, Texas-San Antonio 62Jan 24, 2010 - 3:43 AM SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- Kevin Palmer scored 18 points to help lead Texas A&M-Corpus Christi to victory over UTSA 66-62 in overtime in Southland Conference play Saturday night.
With 12:01 left in the game the Islanders (10-8, 5-0) trailed 41-38. They would go on a 14-2 run to take a 52-43 lead with just 4:58 left. With just 20-seconds left in regulation Morris Smith IV hit a game-tying 3-pointer to send the game into overtime at 58-58. In overtime Smith missed a 3-pointer with just 3-seconds left to tie the game.
Watt Demond went for 15 points and recorded three blocks for the Islanders.
Smith led the Roadrunners (12-5, 2-2) with 19 points. Devin Gibson filled the stat sheet recording 10 points, nine assists, eight rebounds and four steals.
The Islanders, who trailed at half 26-23, committed 14 turnovers in the first half but just five the rest of the game.
- NCAA BB
TX A&M CORP CHR 66
UTSA 62 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jan 23 10:19 PM
- NCAA BB
TX A&M CORP CHR 58
UTSA 58 END OF 2ND HALF GOING INTO OVERTIME
Jan 23 10:02 PM
- NCAA BB
TX A&M CORP CHR 23
UTSA 26 HALFTIME
Jan 23 8:50 PM
- Oklahoma assistant Steve Henson hired as UTSA head coach Apr 1
- Texas-San Antonio fires basketball coach Brooks Thompson Mar 10
- Elmore scores 23 with 7 treys as Marshall beats UTSA 109-91 Feb 6
- Loyola of Chicago pulls away from UTSA in 76-64 win Nov 14
- UTSA extends Thompson through 2016-17 Jul 26
- Turner helps Aggies down Islanders Nov 26
- No.25 Aggies host Islanders in College Station Nov 26
- Ohio State cruises in NCAA tourney opener Mar 18
- Johnson scores 29, leads UTSA to 1st NCAA tourney win Mar 16
- Texas-San Antonio captures Southland title Mar 12
- No. 16 Memphis edges Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Dec 21
- Jayhawks cruise to school-record 63rd consecutive home win Nov 23