Santa Clara in slim win over San Francisco 66-65Jan 24, 2010 - 3:41 AM SAN FRANCISCO(AP) -- Marc Trasolini scored a career-high 26 points and Santa Clara narrowly avoided the program's first 0-5 start in conference play with a 66-65 victory over San Francisco on Friday.
Trasolini, a sophomore center, scored the Broncos' first eight points of the second half and provided their final points with two free throws with 14 seconds left.
Niyi Harrison added 11 points for the Broncos (9-13, 1-4 WCC), who won for only the second time in their last 10 games.
Kwame Vaughn, who beat Santa Clara last season with a last-second free throw, led the Dons (7-13, 2-3) with 16 points. Dior Lowhorn, the team's leading scorer at 17.7 points per game, finished with 15.
Angelo Caloiaro scored 13 points for the Dons, including a 3-pointer with 8.2 seconds left to bring them within a point. But his desperation 30-footer at the final buzzer ricocheted high off the backboard.
- NCAA BB
SANTA CLARA 66
SAN FRANCISCO 65 FINAL
Jan 23 10:09 PM
- NCAA BB
SANTA CLARA 33
SAN FRANCISCO 27 HALFTIME
Jan 23 8:54 PM
- New San Francisco coach Kyle Smith seeks another turnaround Apr 1
- Santa Clara hopes Sendek can lift team to WCC elite Mar 30
- Kyle Smith new San Francisco basketball coach Mar 30
- Santa Clara hires Herb Sendek as new head coach Mar 29
- San Francisco fires coach Rex Walters after 8 seasons Mar 9
- Santa Clara fires basketball coach Kerry Keating Mar 7
- Gonzaga rallies to down San Francisco Mar 8
- Dons challenge Zags in WCC Tournament action Mar 7
- Gonzaga holds off San Francisco Feb 8
- Gonzaga pulls away in second half, tops Santa Clara Feb 6
- Broncos face tall task in clash with second-ranked Bulldogs Feb 5
- Gonzaga rolls over Santa Clara Jan 11