Gadson's shot lifts Rider past Niagara 62-61Jan 25, 2010 - 12:06 AM LEWISTON, N.Y.(AP) -- Novar Gadson scored on a tip-in with 5 seconds left to give Rider a 62-61 victory over Niagara on Sunday.
Teammate Ryan Thompson missed a layup with 6 seconds left, but Gadson tipped in the miss to cap Rider's comeback from a seven-point deficit with 6:09 to play.
The Broncs (11-11, 4-6 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) snapped a three-game losing streak by holding Niagara (11-11, 4-6) without a field goal in the final 6:08.
Gadson, who had 11 points and 11 rebounds, also scored on a layup with 46 seconds left to pull Rider to 61-60 after Niagara's Bilal Benn missed a 3-pointer. Austin Cooley missed another 3-pointer with 20 seconds to play.
Niagara used an 11-0 run to overcome a 53-49 deficit and take a 60-53 lead.
Mike Ringgold scored 18 and Thompson added 12 for Rider.
Demetrius Williamson scored 17, Cooley added 13 and Anthony Nelson had 11 for Niagara.
- NCAA BB
NIAGARA 61 FINAL
Jan 24 6:04 PM
- NCAA BB
NIAGARA 35 HALFTIME
Jan 24 4:54 PM
- Niagara edges Marist 69-66 Jan 28
- Correction: T25-Rider-Maryland story Nov 23
- No. 20 Michigan State trounces Rider Nov 28
- Orlando Classic action pits Spartans against Broncs Nov 27
- No. 11 Kansas easily gets past Rider Nov 25
- Rider faces tall task in clash with Kansas Nov 24
- Villanova crushes Rider, moves to 11-0 Dec 21
- Villanova continues run against Rider Dec 21
- Niagara names Casey new men's hoops coach Apr 22
- Cooley, No. 22 Notre Dame cruise past Niagara Dec 22
- Notre Dame puts perfect home mark on line against Niagara Dec 21
- Dempsey leaving Rider for Binghamton May 24