Kennesaw State defeats Stetson 75-59Jan 24, 2010 - 9:55 PM DELAND, Fla.(AP) -- Markeith Cummings scored 19 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead Kennesaw State to a 75-59 win over Stetson on Sunday.
Cummings connected on 6 of 12 from the field as the Owls (8-12, 3-6 Atlantic Sun Conference) shot 53.2 percent (25 of 47).
Kurtis Woods added 13 points for Kennesaw State and LaDaris Green and Jon-Michael Nickerson chipped in 11 each.
Two 3-pointers by Cummings and a three-point play by Kelvin McConnell gave the Owls a 24-13 lead with 9:38 left in the first half.
The Hatters cut it to 24-19 on back-to-back 3's by A.J. Smith and Mark Lohuis. But Stetson wouldn't get within single digits the rest of the way, as Kennesaw State scored seven straight.
Smith finished with 17 points and Ridge Graham added 15 points for the Hatters (5-13, 3-7).
- Stetson makes intriguing run to A-Sun final against FGCU Mar 5
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Ray, Kennesaw State pull away for 69-59 win over Thomas (Ga) Dec 7
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Kennesaw State names Al Skinner men's hoops coach Apr 26
- Kennesaw State fires hoops coach Lallathin Mar 23
- No. 15 Butler cruises past Kennesaw State Dec 9
- Kennesaw State hits road seeking upset of Butler Dec 8
- Syracuse handles Kennesaw State in opener Nov 15
- 23rd-ranked Orange eye up Owls in season opener Nov 14
- Kennesaw State, Preston announce mutual separation Mar 19
- Kennesaw State coach taking leave of absence Jan 2