Tennessee-Martin beats SIU-Edwardsville 68-52Jan 26, 2010 - 3:33 AM MARTIN, Tenn.(AP) -- Marquis Weddle scored 25 points and Tennessee-Martin defeated SIU-Edwardsville 68-52 on Monday night.
The Skyhawks (3-16), who led the entire way, took a 24-13 advantage on Weddle's 3-pointer with 5:27 left in the first half.
Leading 33-26 at halftime, Tennessee-Martin outscored the Cougars (3-17) 24-11 to open the second half. Weddle's 3 capped the spurt for a 57-37 lead with 8:53 remaining.
Benzor Simmons chipped in 11 points as the Skyhawks snapped a 7-game losing streak.
Tennessee Martin scored 11 points off 15 turnovers by the Cougars.
Weddle was 5 of 7 from 3-point range as the Skyhawks shot 50 percent from behind the arc (6 of 12).
Tennessee-Martin outrebounded SIU-Edwardsville 46-27 and scored 14 second-chance points.
Mark Yelovich scored 20 points and Aamir McCleary added 18 for the Cougars, who have now lost 11 of their last 12.
- SIU-Edwardsville hires Cal's Harris as coach Apr 3
- Forrester won't return as SIU-Edwardsville coach Mar 10
- Bulldogs seek to ground Skyhawks Dec 22
- Tennesse-Martin tabs Schroyer as new hoops coach Mar 21
- Tennesse-Martin hoops coach James won't return Mar 3
- Wright, Cincinnati down UT-Martin Nov 11
- Bearcats battle Skyhawks to begin 2012-13 campaign Nov 11
- Bowers paces Mizzou in season-opening win Nov 10
- Murray State remains perfect in win over Skyhawks Feb 4
- Murray State remains unbeaten, downs SIU-Edwardsville Jan 22
- Racers continue quest for perfection Jan 21
- No. 22 Murray State opens conference play with win Dec 22