Winston-Salem State tops North Carolina A&T 59-57Jan 26, 2010 - 4:44 AM WINSTON-SALEM, N.C.(AP) -- Brian Fisher made two clutch free throws with 5 seconds remaining to propel Winston-Salem State to a 59-57 win over North Carolina A&T on Monday night.
Marcus Wells and Paul Davis each scored 12 points to lead the Rams (7-10), who have won four of their past five games. Davis also grabbed 10 rebounds, while Fisher finished with eight points.
Trailing 57-53, the Aggies' Robert Johnson hit a jumper to cut the lead to two with with 7 seconds remaining. But Fisher then stepped to the free throw line and nailed both foul shots, giving the Rams a 59-55 advantage. Marc Hill then scored a layup for North Carolina A&T as time expired.
Tavarus Alston scored 17 points to lead North Carolina A&T (6-14), which has lost five of their last six.
The Rams forced the Aggies to commit 25 turnovers, recording 13 steals in the process.
- NCAA BB
NC A&T 57
WINSTON SALEM 59 FINAL
Jan 25 10:45 PM
- NCAA BB
NC A&T 24
WINSTON SALEM 34 HALFTIME
Jan 25 9:26 PM
- Veteran North Carolina aims to end where it starts: at No. 1 Nov 2
- No. 12 Ohio State routs NC A&T Dec 17
- Hapless Aggies challenge mighty Buckeyes Dec 17
- Top-seeded Louisville cruises past N.C. A&T Mar 21
- Top-seeded Cardinals get tournament run underway against Aggies Mar 20
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19
- NC A&T wins MEAC Mar 16
- MEAC crown up for grabs in clash between Aggies and Bears Mar 16
- Kilpatrick, Bearcats thump Aggies Nov 18
- Aggies face tall task in clash with 24th-ranked Bearcats Nov 18
- Morgan State defeats North Carolina A&T 84-57 Mar 10