Kent State rolls past Toledo 69-49Jan 27, 2010 - 2:45 AM TOLEDO, Ohio(AP) -- Justin Greene and Tyree Evans scored 14 points each to lead Kent State to a 69-49 victory over Toledo on Tuesday night.
The Golden Flashes (13-7, 4-2 Mid-American Conference) shot 50 percent from the field (26-for-52) and hit eight 3-pointers to win their third consecutive game.
Kent State led 24-21 when it went on a 20-0 run that spanned both halves.
The Golden Flashes finished the first half on an 8-0 streak and then opened the second half with a 12-0 surge that increased the advantage to 44-21 with 16:36 to play.
Greene, who also had eight rebounds, scored nine of Kent State's 20 points and Toledo (3-17, 0-6) was scoreless for 7:05 during the run.
Kent State outrebounded Toledo, which has lost 11 straight games, 31-21.
Jake Barnett scored 15 points to lead Toledo, which shot 33.3 percent from the field (8-for-24) in the first half.
- Detroit-area gambler sentenced in Toledo sports bribery Oct 1
- Oubre shines as Kansas tops Kent St. Dec 30
- Kent State tangles with No. 13 Kansas Dec 30
- Okafor fuels Duke in win over Toledo Dec 30
- Duke gets back to work against Toledo Dec 29
- No. 15 VCU takes down Toledo Nov 18
- Rockets seek upset of 15th-ranked Rams Nov 18
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15
- Toledo G Drummond suspended Feb 10
- Kansas fends off feisty Toledo Dec 31
- Jayhawks play host to undefeated Rockets Dec 30