James Madison beats William & Mary 65-63Jan 28, 2010 - 3:25 AM HARRISONBURG, Va.(AP) -- Pierre Curtis hit a pair of free throws for James Madison with 2:08 to go up 65-63, and neither team scored the rest of the way as the Dukes held on to defeat William & Mary on Wednesday night.
After what would end up being Curtis' game-winning free throws, William & Mary missed each of its final six attempts. The Tribe missed three 3-pointers during the final 2 minutes.
Curtis also missed the front end of a 1-and-1 late that would have increased the advantage.
Denzel Bowles scored 21 points and grabbed eight rebounds while Julius Wells had 15 points for the Dukes (10-11, 3-7 Colonial Athletic Association). Curtis finished with eight points.
Bowles posted his seventh outing of 20 or more points this season, finishing a season-best 7 of 7 at the charity stripe.
Quinn McDowell led the Tribe (14-6, 6-4) with 23 points.
- James Madison hires alum Louis Rowe as men's hoops coach Mar 31
- Matt Brady out at James Madison as men's basketball coach Mar 14
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Tokoto, No. 19 UNC drop William & Mary Dec 30
- Buckeyes beat up on Dukes Nov 28
- New-look Gators pound William & Mary Nov 15
- Virginia cruises past JMU in opener Nov 15
- Tribe visit seventh-ranked Gators to tip off season Nov 14
- Instate foes collide as Cavs take on Dukes Nov 14
- Delaware edges William & Mary for CAA title Mar 11
- Tribe and Hens square off in CAA title tilt Mar 10