Cent. Conn. State defeats Monmouth 66-44Jan 29, 2010 - 3:52 AM NEW BRITAIN, Conn.(AP) -- Markeys Deans scored 16 points and had eight rebounds and six assists to lead Central Connecticut State to a 66-44 victory over Monmouth (N.J.) on Thursday night.
Chris Baskerville set a career high with 16 points as the Blue Devils (6-14, 3-6 Northeast Conference) shot 56.5 percent from the field (13-for-23) in the second half to pull away from Monmouth (9-12, 5-4).
Monmouth shot just 28.3 percent from the field (15-for-53), was 1-for-17 from the 3-point line and had only two assists to 14 turnovers.
Central Connecticut State finished the first half on a 13-2 run for a 30-18 lead. The Blue Devils extended their lead to 43-27 on Joe Seymore's 3-pointer with 14:40 to play.
Seymore finished with 15 points, Shemik Thompson added 12 points and Devan Bailey had nine assists.
Ed Waite scored 13, Whitney Coleman had 11 and Will Campbell added 10 for Monmouth.
- Former UConn star Marshall to coach Central Connecticut Apr 6
- Monmouth basketball coach King Rice has new 5-year contract Feb 26
- Dickenman retires after 20 years at Central Connecticut Feb 19
- Born with broken ankle, Monmouth guard beating doubters Feb 18
- CCSU holds off late charge by Robert Morris to win, 75-70 Feb 4
- Robert Morris uses late first-half run, beats CCSU 59-45 Jan 21
- GIF away, Monmouth! NCAA not stopping bench celebrations Dec 9
- Surprising Monmouth basketball winning and having fun Dec 3
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- Ross leads No. 5 Buckeyes over CCSU Dec 7
- Blue Devils face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Buckeyes Dec 7
- Boeheim matches Knight as Syracuse rolls Dec 31