Middle Tennessee defeats New Orleans 66-46Jan 29, 2010 - 4:36 AM MURFREESBORO, Tenn.(AP) -- Rod Emanuel and Montarrio Haddock scored 14 points each to help Middle Tennessee defeat New Orleans 66-46 on Thursday night.
The Blue Raiders (12-10, 7-3 Sun Belt Conference) led by just one after Quincy Diggs' layup with 2:16 pulled the Privateers within 25-24 with 2:16 left in the first half.
Montarrio Haddock had a tip-in with 1 second left in the first half to give Middle Tennessee a 32-24 halftime lead.
The Blue Raiders opened the second half with 13 straight points to lead 45-24 on James Washington's 3-pointer with 13:49 to play.
Middle Tennessee scored 26 points off 24 turnovers, and shot 50 percent in the second half (13 of 26).
James Washington added 11 points in the Blue Raiders' fourth-straight win.
Jaroslav Tyrna scored 13 points and Charles Carmouche added 12 for the Privateers (7-14, 2-8), who lost their third straight.
- Middle Tennessee State sets sights on upset of Syracuse Mar 19
- Michigan State promises it won't overlook MTSU Mar 17
- Potts out indefinitely with concussion for Middle Tennessee Feb 26
- UAB buries Middle Tennessee to claim C-USA crown Mar 14
- Blue Raiders, Blazers collide in C-USA title match Mar 14
- Bluejays and Blue Raiders meet in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 29
- Appling leads Spartans to rout of New Orleans Dec 28
- New Orleans hits road to challenge No. 5 Michigan State Dec 28
- No. 16 Florida races past Middle Tennessee Nov 22
- Blue Raiders put perfect mark on line against 16th-ranked Gators Nov 21
- Hail to the Gaels; Saint Mary's tops MTSU to gain Memphis matchup Mar 20
- Gaels, Blue Raiders square off in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 19