Oregon defeats UCLA 71-66 in overtimeJan 29, 2010 - 6:25 AM EUGENE, Ore.(AP) -- Tajuan Porter and Matt Humphrey scored 15 points each as Oregon beat UCLA 71-66 in overtime on Thursday night.
Humphrey, in his second game back since missing two months because of knee surgery, opened Oregon's scoring in overtime with two 3-pointers to put the Ducks ahead 61-57.
Oregon's E.J. Singler scored six points in the final 1:10 of overtime. Singler clinched the victory with two free throws with 7.8 seconds remaining.
The Ducks (11-9, 3-5 Pac-10) snapped a five-game losing streak.
Nikola Dragovic scored 19 points and Michael Roll added 16 for UCLA (9-11, 4-4).
The Bruins forced overtime when Roll made a 3-pointer with 10.7 seconds left in regulation to tie the score at 55-55.
- NCAA BB
OREGON 71 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jan 29 12:58 AM
- NCAA BB
OREGON 28 HALFTIME
Jan 28 11:26 PM
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- Altman on Coach K: 'I had no problem with what he did' Apr 1
- Coach K apologizes to Altman for postgame chat with Brooks Mar 26
- Altman backs Brooks after late-game drama with Coach K Mar 26
- Oklahoma's Kruger, Oregon's Altman test bond in Elite Eight Mar 25
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Oregon's rise on national stage highlighted by top seed Mar 15
- UCLA guard Bryce Alford recovering from hit to jaw Mar 6
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Oregon breaks into top 10, highest ranking since '07 Feb 29