Ware's basket gives Long Beach State 69-68 victoryJan 29, 2010 - 5:32 AM NORTHRIDGE, Calif.(AP) -- Casper Ware's floater with 10.6 seconds remaining gave Long Beach State a 69-68 victory Thursday over Cal State Northridge.
Ware previously gave the 49ers (9-11, 3-4 Big West) a 67-66 lead on a layup with 38.6 seconds to play. He finished with eight points.
Eugene Phelps led Long Beach with 18 points, T.J. Robinson added 17 points and 13 rebounds, and Larry Anderson scored 12 points.
Mark Hill had given Northridge (7-13, 2-5) a 68-67 lead with 18.8 seconds to play on an outside jumper for two of his 10 points.
Vinnie McGhee led the Matadors with 17 points. Willie Galick added 14 and Lenny Daniel had 10.
- NCAA BB
LONG BEACH ST 69
CS NORTHRIDGE 68 FINAL
Jan 29 12:05 AM
- NCAA BB
LONG BEACH ST 27
CS NORTHRIDGE 33 HALFTIME
Jan 28 10:51 PM
- Louisville handles Long Beach to get back on track Dec 30
- Cardinals seek redemption in clash with 49ers Dec 30
- Blackshear scores 31 as Louisville routs CS-Northridge Dec 24
- Matadors hit road to challenge fourth-ranked Cardinals Dec 23
- No. 17 St. John's routs Long Beach State Dec 23
- 49ers hoping to calm Red Storm Dec 22
- Texas holds off Long Beach State Dec 21
- Long Beach State faces uphill climb in tussle with Texas Dec 20
- San Diego State edges Long Beach State Dec 11
- Aztecs to try and continue dominance over Golden State foes Dec 10
- Johnson, Arizona cruise past CS Northridge Nov 17
- Matadors seek upset of second-ranked Wildcats Nov 16