Coastal Carolina routs Presbyterian 64-46Jan 29, 2010 - 2:28 AM CLINTON, S.C.(AP) -- Mario Edwards and Chad Gray each scored 18 points and Coastal Carolina defeated Presbyterian 64-46 on Thursday night.
Joseph Harris and Kierre Greenwood each added 10 points for the Big South-leading Chanticleers (19-3, 9-1), who won their third straight game. The Chanticleers are 6-0 in the conference on the road this season.
The Chanticleers led 27-19 at halftime and used hot shooting in the second half to put the game away. Coastal Carolina grabbed its largest lead at 64-40 after a basket by Edwards with 1:46 to play.
The Chanticleers shot 51.9 percent (14-for-27) from the field and 66.7 percent from 3-point range (6-for-9) in the final 20 minutes.
For the game, the Chanticleers shot 48.1 percent (25-for-52). Edwards was 7-for-10 and 4-for-5 from 3-point range.
Chase Holmes scored 14 points for the Blue Hose (3-19, 1-9), who lost their third straight.
- NCAA BB
COASTL CAROLINA 64
PRESBYTERIAN 46 FINAL
Jan 28 8:46 PM
- NCAA BB
COASTL CAROLINA 27
PRESBYTERIAN 19 HALFTIME
Jan 28 7:46 PM
- Murray free throws allow Presbyterian to top Piedmont, 69-65 Dec 19
- Wisconsin eases past Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Chanticleers face tall task in second-round clash with Badgers Mar 20
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South title Mar 8
- Winthrop meets Coastal Carolina for Big South crown Mar 8
- Okafor makes NCAA debut, Duke routs Presbyterian Nov 15
- Blue Devils take on Blue Hose is season debut Nov 14
- Virginia survives scare from Coastal Carolina Mar 22
- Virginia begins tournament run against Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South crown Mar 9
- Winthrop challenges Chanticleers for Big South title Mar 9
- McDermott, No. 15 Creighton pummel Presbyterian Nov 18