Arkansas moves past Mississippi State 67-62Jan 29, 2010 - 4:20 AM By NOAH TRISTER AP Sports Writer
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark.(AP) -- Courtney Fortson scored a career-high 35 points, carrying Arkansas through the second half as the Razorbacks rallied for a 67-62 win over Mississippi State on Thursday night.
Fortson scored 33 of his points in the second half, repeatedly drawing fouls and converting inside despite his 5-foot-11 frame. Arkansas trailed 49-38 at one point but came back to earn a much-needed victory.
The Razorbacks (9-11, 2-3) matched their entire Southeastern Conference win total from 2008-09, and they did it just days after a 31-point loss to Kentucky last weekend.
Ravern Johnson scored 19 points for Mississippi State (15-5, 3-2), which shot only 5 of 26 from 3-point range.
- NCAA BB
MISSISSIPPI ST 62
ARKANSAS 67 FINAL
Jan 28 11:11 PM
- NCAA BB
MISSISSIPPI ST 29
ARKANSAS 21 HALFTIME
Jan 28 9:55 PM
- Kingsley withdraws name from NBA draft, returns to Arkansas May 9
- Arkansas' Kingsley enters NBA draft, won't hire agent Apr 12
- Whitt transferring from Arkansas after freshman season Mar 30
- Mississippi St G Newman opts for NBA draft, won't hire agent Mar 22
- Anderson has NCAA tourney in sights next season for Arkansas Mar 22
- Weatherspoon leading Mississippi State's resurgence Feb 23
- Arkansas reeling, postseason unlikely, following latest loss Feb 19
- Arkansas' Hannahs ready to face former school, Texas Tech Jan 30
- Mississippi State still trying to turn corner under Howland Jan 15
- Arkansas' Bell flourishing in expanded role for Razorbacks Jan 9
- Beard set to make return to action for Arkansas after arrest Dec 17
- Mississippi State suspends F Demetrius Houston indefinitely Nov 17