Indiana State beats Southern Illinois 68-65Jan 29, 2010 - 3:16 AM TERRE HAUTE, Ind.(AP) -- Harry Marshall scored 13 points and tied his season-high of seven rebounds to lead Indiana State to a 68-65 win over Southern Illinois on Thursday night.
Marshall also went 7-for-8 from the free throw line as the Sycamores (12-9, 4-6 Missouri Valley) snapped a four-game slide.
The Sycamores went into the second half leading 32-26 and never lost the advantage. Rashad Reed helped out with 12 points and Carl Richard with 11.
The Salukis (12-8, 4-6) came within a point, 65-66, with 3.5 seconds left on a layup by Justin Bocot, who finished with 15 points.
But Indiana State's Aaron Carter was fouled on the next play and made a pair of shots from the free-throw line to hang on to the win.
Southern Illinois' Kevin Dillard led the game in scoring with 16 points. Gene Teague added 11 points and pulled down 13 rebounds, while Anthony Booker scored 10.
- NCAA BB
SOUTHN ILLINOIS 65
INDIANA ST 68 FINAL
Jan 28 9:09 PM
- NCAA BB
SOUTHN ILLINOIS 26
INDIANA ST 32 HALFTIME
Jan 28 7:52 PM
- Indiana State athletic director resigns after 11-year tenure Dec 19
- Wichita State tops SIU in MVC QFs Mar 6
- Salukis seek upset of Shockers in MVC Tournament Mar 6
- No. 11 Wichita State downs Indiana State Feb 25
- Sycamores play host to 11th-ranked Shockers Feb 25
- Wichita State cruises past Southern Illinois Feb 17
- Salukis face tall task in clash with 13th-ranked Shockers Feb 17
- Wichita State routs Indiana State Feb 11
- Sycamores test luck against 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 11
- Tuttle, Northern Iowa win 10th straight Feb 3
- 14th-ranked Panthers eye up Sycamores in MVC matchup Feb 3
- Northern Iowa stays hot with win over Southern Illinois Jan 28