St. Francis (Pa.) defeats St. Francis (N.Y) 77-63Jan 29, 2010 - 4:20 AM LORETTO, Pa.(AP) -- Devin Sweetney scored 23 points and St. Francis (Pa.) held off St. Francis (N.Y.) 77-63 on Thursday night.
The Red Flash (6-14, 4-5 Northeast Conference) ended a two-game skid while snapping the Terriers' two-game winning streak.
The Red Flash quickly took control for a 39-21 halftime lead, but the Terriers cut the deficit to 41-35 with 15:05 to go. After the Red Flash quickly regained a 12-point advantage, the Terriers used a 15-5 spurt to pull within 52-50 with 5:56 to go.
Sorena Orandi hit a 3-pointer and Sweetney made a pair of free throws for the Red Flash, who kept at least a six-point cushion the rest of the way.
Anthony Ervin had 13 points and Chris Johnson had five steals for the Red Flash, who had a season-high 14 steals.
Ricky Cadell tied his season-high with 29 points on 9-for-14 shooting for the Terriers (9-11, 6-3) and Akeem Bennett added 20.
- St. Francis Brooklyn holds off Robert Morris 82-72 Feb 20
- St. Francis (BKN) holds off Robert Morris 56-49 Jan 9
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- Texas breezes past St. Francis Nov 26
- Longhorns put perfect mark on line versus Red Flash Nov 25
- No. 9 Syracuse survives scare from St. Francis Nov 18
- Terriers take on Orange in Maui Invitational regional action Nov 18
- St. Francis (PA) names Krimmel head men's basketball coach Apr 19
- Moore, No. 15 Pitt cruise to ninth straight victory Dec 20
- St. Francis, Pa. 50, Mount St. Mary's, Md. 65 Mar 4
- Mount St. Mary's beats St. Francis, Pa., 65-50 Mar 4