South Dakota State defeats Centenary 81-75Jan 29, 2010 - 4:33 AM NEW ORLEANS(AP) -- Clint Sargent scored 18 points and South Dakota State held off Centenary 81-75 on Thursday night.
Nate Wolters added 17 points, and Garrett Callahan and Kai Williams each had 10 for the Jackrabbits (11-10, 7-3 Summit League), who had defeated Centenary 89-59 on Jan. 2.
Trailing 18-9 in the first half, the Jackrabbits closed the half on a 20-5 run to lead 29-23 at the break. They never trailed in the second half, but the game was tied twice.
Clinging to a 59-57 lead, South Dakota State used a 9-3 spurt to push the advantage to 68-60 with 4:13 to play.
The Jackrabbits made 11 3-pointers and shot 43.4 percent (23-for-53) from the field for the game. After a poor-shooting first half, the Jackrabbits made 14 of 27 field goal attempts (51.9 percent) in the second half.
David Perez had 19 points and Daman Starring added 17 points for the Gentlemen (7-14, 2-8).
- NCAA BB
SO DAKOTA ST 81
CENTENARY 75 FINAL
Jan 28 10:02 PM
- NCAA BB
SO DAKOTA ST 29
CENTENARY 23 HALFTIME
Jan 28 8:52 PM
- South Dakota St hires Otzelberger as men's basketball coach Apr 14
- Jackrabbits seek 1st NCAA Tournament win Mar 17
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- South Dakota State edges Denver in Summit tourney 54-53 Mar 8
- S. Dakota St. rallies to beat ORU in Summit League tourney Mar 6
- South Dakota State beats D-II Wayne State 80-53 Dec 2
- Bittle scores 23, South Dakota St. beats Chadron St., 87-52 Nov 14
- Bison edge Jackrabbits in Summit final thriller Mar 10
- Bison battle Jackrabbits in Summit League finale Mar 10
- No. 23 Northern Iowa tops South Dakota St. Dec 28
- Jackrabbits come calling on 23rd-ranked Panthers Dec 28
- No. 14 Utah tops South Dakota State Dec 24