Troy knocks off Louisiana-Monroe 75-56Jan 29, 2010 - 4:23 AM TROY, Ala.(AP) -- Vernon Taylor scored 14 points as Troy rolled to a 75-56 victory over Louisiana-Monroe on Thursday night.
The Trojans (11-10, 6-4 Sun Belt Conference) shot 57.9 percent from the 3-point line (11-for-19) to complete the season sweep of Louisiana-Monroe (9-13, 4-7).
Five Troy players hit at least two 3-pointers and Michael Vogler was 3-for-4 from beyond the arc and the Trojans shot 52.7 percent from the field (29-for-55).
Antywan Jones hit a 3-pointer to give Troy a 51-31 lead with 17:20 to play, but Louisiana-Monroe cut the lead to 58-49 on Colby Carr's layup with 10:10 left.
The Trojans scored the next six points to push their advantage to 64-49 with 8:55 remaining.
Yamene Coleman and Vogler scored 13 each, and Richard Delk and Jones added 10 each for Troy. Coleman also had 10 rebounds.
Lawrence Gilbert scored 13 and Dynile Forbes had 11 for Louisiana-Monroe.
- Minnesota beats Louisiana-Monroe 67-56 Nov 15
- Louisiana-Monroe cruises over McMurry 88-43 in opener Nov 13
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- No. 8 Florida needs OT to subdue UL-Monroe Nov 21
- Gators seek redemption in bout with visiting Warhawks Nov 21
- No. 3 Ohio State routs Louisiana Monroe Dec 28
- ULM comes calling on No. 3 Ohio State Dec 27
- Wiggins, KU take down UL-Monroe Nov 9
- Wiggins makes debut, as Jayhawks host Warhawks Nov 8
- Troy names Cunningham new men's basketball coach Mar 26