Arkansas State fends off Louisiana-Lafayette 62-60Jan 29, 2010 - 4:42 AM JONESBORO, Ark.(AP) -- Brandon Reed scored 19 points to help Arkansas State fend off a late run by Louisiana-Lafayette and hang onto a 62-60 win on Thursday night.
The Red Wolves (12-8, 7-2 Sun Belt) were up by as many as 17 points in the first half and went into the break leading 36-25.
But the Ragin Cajuns (8-12, 5-4) went on an 18-6 scoring run in the final nine minutes and pulled within two points on a layup by Lamar Roberson with seven seconds to go.
After the Red Wolves' Trey Finn was fouled and missed a free-throw attempt, the Ragin' Cajuns grabbed the rebound and Raymone Andrews tried for a 3-pointer at the buzzer but also missed.
Finn finished with 13 points, while Martavius Adams scored 9 and grabbed 10 rebounds.
Tyren Johnson scored 19 points and pulled down 15 rebounds for the Ragin' Cajuns. Chris Gradnigo finished with 15 points and Travis Bureau with 11.
- NCAA BB
UL LAFAYETTE 60
ARKANSAS ST 62 FINAL
Jan 28 10:02 PM
- NCAA BB
UL LAFAYETTE 25
ARKANSAS ST 36 HALFTIME
Jan 28 8:52 PM
- Arkansas State fined, vacates win after apparel violation Apr 13
- McDermott scores 30 to power Creighton past Louisiana Mar 21
- Cajuns and Bluejays duke it out in West Region action Mar 21
- Louisiana wins Sun Belt title over Georgia State Mar 16
- Georgia State and Louisiana meet for Sun Belt title Mar 16
- Louisville's offense erupts in rout of Louisiana Dec 7
- Seventh-ranked Cardinals continue run with Cajuns Dec 7
- Chery leads Baylor past Louisiana Nov 17
- Cajuns come calling on 23rd-ranked Bears Nov 17
- Michigan State hangs on against Louisiana Nov 25
- Spartans set sights on Ragin' Cajuns Nov 25
- Murray State remains unbeaten Dec 18