Utah Valley St. 41, Chicago St. 43Jan 29, 2010 - 4:45 AM CHICAGO (AP) -- Carl Montgomery had a double-double as Chicago State edged Utah Valley 43-41 on Thursday night.
Montgomery scored 11 points and grabbed a game-high 12 rebounds for the Cougars (6-16, 1-4 Great West), who played their first conference home game after four on the road. Christian Wall added 14 points, and Kabangu Tshinga Kasamba scored 10.
Jordan Swarbrick scored 13 points to lead the Wolverines (9-11, 2-2), who were making their Great West road debut after three games at home.
Chicago State led 21-17 at halftime.
Neither team shot well. The Cougars hit 14 of 49 from the floor and just 1 of 18 from 3-point range, while the Wolverines went 13 of 37 from the field and 3 of 17 from long distance.
Utah Valley leads the series 4-2, including a 48-43 victory in the first Great West Conference game ever played Jan. 9 in Orem, Utah.
- NCAA BB
UTAH VALLEY ST 41
CHICAGO ST 43 FINAL
Jan 28 10:35 PM
- NCAA BB
UTAH VALLEY ST 17
CHICAGO ST 21 HALFTIME
Jan 28 9:25 PM
- Chicago State pulls away from Trinity International, 81-69 Nov 21
- No. 3 Arizona makes short work of Utah Valley Dec 10
- Wolverines hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 9
- Brawl ends Utah Valley-New Mexico State game Feb 28
- Oregon routs Utah Valley Nov 20
- Utah Valley challenges No. 17 Oregon Nov 19
- Smart helps Oklahoma State ease past Utah Valley Nov 12
- Utah Valley visits No. 8 Oklahoma State Nov 12
- Chicago State victorious in Great West Conference championship Mar 17
- Huskies, Cougars set for Great West title clash Mar 16
- No. 10 Ohio State rolls past Chicago State Dec 29
- Chicago State comes calling on No. 10 Ohio State Dec 29