Montana St. 58, N. Arizona 71Jan 29, 2010 - 3:56 AM FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) -- Cameron Jones scored 22 points as Northern Arizona picked up its fourth straight win with a 71-58 victory over Montana State on Thursday night.
The Lumberjacks (11-9, 5-4 Big Sky) jumped on the Bobcats early, opening on a 20-4 run to blow the game open almost right from the start.
In the first half, Montana State (11-9, 6-3) shot just 5 of 31 from the field and scored only 13 points.
The Bobcats were nearly held to just 10 points in the first period, which would have tied a record for fewest points given up in a half by the Lumberjacks. But Marquis Navarre hit a 3-pointer as time expired.
The Bobcats were led by Navarre and Branden Johnson, who each scored 12 points. Will Bynum added 11.
Gabe Rogers and DeAngelo Jones each added 13 points apiece for the Lumberjacks, who are 7-2 in their last nine games.
- Northern Arizona returns 4 players from CIT runner-up team Nov 4
- Evansville claims CIT title over Northern Arizona Apr 2
- Northern Arizona and Evansville clash for CIT crown Apr 2
- Northern Arizona coach suspended for fracas in Big Sky tourney Mar 15
- Kentucky crushes Montana St. Nov 23
- Top-ranked Kentucky continues run against Montana State Nov 23
- Arizona rolls, remains unbeaten Dec 24
- Lumberjacks hope to chop down top-ranked Wildcats Dec 23
- No. 9 Arizona thumps Northern Arizona Nov 29
- Wildcats play host to rival Lumberjacks Nov 28
- No. 18 UNLV hammers Northern Arizona Nov 13
- Lumberjacks try to chop down Runnin' Rebels Nov 12