San Jose State beats Hawaii 83-60Jan 29, 2010 - 5:13 AM SAN JOSE, Calif.(AP) -- Adrian Oliver had 33 points, Chris Oakes matched his season high with 18 points and nine rebounds and San Jose State built a big lead in the second half then coasted to an 83-60 win over Hawaii on Thursday night.
Oliver, the reigning Western Athletic Conference player of the week after leading the Spartans to impressive home wins over first-place Louisiana Tech and New Mexico State, went 12 of 18 from the floor and made all three of his 3-point attempts.
San Jose State (12-8, 5-3 WAC), which lost to Hawaii 68-67 on Jan. 17, led by as much as 27. The Spartans are 9-1 at the Events Center, their best home record since going 10-0 to start the 1980-81 season.
Roderick Flemings had 19 points for the Warriors (9-12, 2-6), which lost its third straight. The Warriors remained winless on the road and haven't won away from home since beating Fresno State 73-69 on Feb. 19, 2009.
- Hawaii guard Aaron Valdes to turn professional Apr 7
- No. 13 seed Hawaii to play 4th-seeded Maryland Mar 19
- California tries to set aside distractions facing Hawaii Mar 17
- Correction: New Mexico-San Jose St story Jan 25
- U of Hawaii appeals NCAA men's basketball postseason ban Jan 6
- NCAA puts University of Hawaii men's basketball on probation Dec 22
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- WSU outlasts Hawaii in OT to reach Diamond Head Classic finals Dec 23
- Shockers and Rainbow Warriors meet in Diamond Head Classic Dec 23
- Hawaii names Benjy Taylor men's basketball coach Oct 31
- Hawaii fires men's hoops coach Arnold Oct 28