Hopson leads Idaho over Fresno State 74-59Jan 29, 2010 - 5:52 AM MOSCOW, Idaho(AP) -- Mac Hopson scored 21 points to lead Idaho to a 74-59 victory against Fresno State on Thursday night.
Luiz Toledo had 16 points for the Vandals (9-10, 2-6 Western Athletic Conference), who snapped a six-game losing streak.
Sylvester Seay led the Bulldogs (11-11, 4-4) with 17 points, but had only five in the second half. Greg Smith added 12 points.
Hopson, who had eight points at halftime, started slowly in the second half, not making a field goal until hitting a 3-pointer with 8:02 remaining. That gave Idaho a 58-45 lead.
He then went on a tear, scoring three consecutive buckets for the Vandals, then making a floating layup to give the Vandals a 66-49 lead with 4:28 to play.
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18
- Cowboys visit Bulldogs in pivotal Mountain West clash Jan 17
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2
- Saints and Bulldogs square off in CBI title series Mar 31
- New Mexico State wins 3rd straight WAC title Mar 16
- Vandals and Aggies to decide WAC Tournament champion Mar 15
- New Mexico cruises past Fresno State Mar 14
- Lobos meet Bulldogs in MWC action Mar 13