UC Santa Barbara routs Cal Poly-SLO 80-57Jan 29, 2010 - 5:19 AM SANTA BARBARA, Calif.(AP) -- James Nunnally scored 17 of his 20 points in the first half as UC Santa Barbara raced to an 80-57 victory over Cal Poly San Luis Obispo Thursday night.
Orlando Johnson had 18 points and nine rebounds, and Jaime Serna scored 12 points for the Gauchos (11-7, 6-2 Big West), who made 52 percent of their outside shots.
Lorenzo Keeler led the Mustangs (8-11, 5-3) with 20 points. Cal Poly shot 35 percent from the field.
UC Santa Barbara roared to a 38-18 halftime lead, holding Cal Poly scoreless for 6 1/2 minutes at one point in the first half. It was 17-14 midway through the half but the Mustangs scored just four more points before halftime while Nunnally scored 12 in the same stretch.
With the score already 47-24, the Gauchos went on a 10-0 run early in the second half, and eventually led by 35 points.
- No. 8 Gonzaga tops Cal Poly Dec 21
- Bulldogs take on Mustangs in Battle in Seattle Dec 20
- Kansas handles challenge from UCSB Nov 15
- No. 5 Kansas lifts lid on season against UC Santa Barbara Nov 14
- Shockers crush Cal Poly, move to 35-0 Mar 22
- Shockers tip off tourney run against Mustangs Mar 21
- Cal Poly shuts down Texas Southern to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Mustangs and Tigers duke it out for spot in field of 64 Mar 19
- Cal Poly clinches Big West, first NCAA berth Mar 16
- Big West championship game pits Mustangs against Matadors Mar 15
- UCLA takes care of UC Santa Barbara Dec 4
- Gauchos and Bruins mix it up in Golden State fracas Dec 3