Ford leads Pacific to 61-50 win against UC IrvineJan 29, 2010 - 6:01 AM IRVINE, Calif.(AP) -- Joe Ford scored 12 points and Terrell Smith added 11 points and six rebounds to lead Pacific to a 61-50 victory over UC Irvine on Thursday night.
Michael Nunnally had 10 points for the Tigers (13-6, 6-1 Big West). With a fourth straight win, Pacific remained atop the conference standings.
Darren Moore and Michael Hunter scored 11 points each for the Anteaters (9-12, 3-6), who lost for the fifth time in six games.
Pacific led by 15 points several times, the last at 49-34 following a dunk by Smith with 12:23 remaining.
UC Irvine closed to within 57-50 on a basket by Eric Wise with 1:40 to play. But Pat Eveland and Demetrece Young each hit two free throws to seal the Tigers' second win against the Anteaters in 12 days.
- Pacific hires Damon Stoudamire as new basketball coach Mar 16
- Suspended Pacific coach Ron Verlin leaves school Mar 3
- Louisville edges UC Irvine, avoids upset Mar 20
- Anteaters hope to sniff out victory against seasoned Cardinals Mar 20
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- Wiltjer's career-high 45 points guides Gonzaga past Pacific Feb 20
- No. 3 Gonzaga sets sights on WCC crown Feb 19
- Gonzaga routs Pacific Jan 24
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with third-ranked Zags Jan 24
- Arizona runs away from UC Irvine Nov 20
- No. 2 Arizona plays host to UC Irvine Nov 19