St. Francis beats Long Island 74-73 in OTJan 31, 2010 - 3:09 AM LORETTO, Pa.(AP) -- Sorena Orandi made two free throws with 4 seconds left, helping St. Francis (Pa.) secure a 74-73 overtime win against Long Island University on Saturday night.
After Jaytornah Wisseh hit a pair of free throws for a 73-72 Long Island lead, Michael Culpo fouled Orandi to put the St. Francis guard on the line. Long Island took a timeout between Orandi's two foul shots, but he hit both attempts.
Devin Sweetney paced the Red Flash (7-14, 5-5 Northeast Conference) with a double-double, scoring 28 points (including 12 free throws) and grabbing 10 boards. Will Felder, who sent the game into overtime with a dunk in the final minute of regulation, had with 14 points. Orandi finished with 13 points, going 4-for-4 from the charity stripe.
Wisseh led the Blackbirds (8-13, 6-4) with 25 points, including 15 free throws.
- NCAA BB
LONG ISLAND 73
ST FRANCIS PA 74 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jan 30 9:17 PM
- NCAA BB
LONG ISLAND 39
ST FRANCIS PA 33 HALFTIME
Jan 30 7:47 PM
- Texas breezes past St. Francis Nov 26
- Longhorns put perfect mark on line versus Red Flash Nov 25
- James Madison advances in win over Long Island Mar 21
- Blackbirds, Dukes clash in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 20
- LIU Brooklyn downs Mount St. Mary's, wins NEC title Mar 12
- NEC crown up for grabs as Blackbirds take on Mountaineers Mar 12
- Kentucky shoots the lights out against Long Island Nov 24
- St. Francis (PA) names Krimmel head men's basketball coach Apr 19
- LIU promotes Perri to head coach Apr 11
- Green's triple-double leads MSU past Long Island Mar 17
- Spartans hope to avoid upset in NCAA Tourney clash with Blackbirds Mar 16
- Long Island handles Robert Morris for NEC title Mar 7