Northeastern tops Old Dominion 74-64Jan 30, 2010 - 11:49 PM BOSTON(AP) -- Chaisson Allen scored 19 points to pace Northeastern in a 74-64 win over Old Dominion on Saturday.
Matt Janning added 17 points and seven assists for the Huskies (14-8, 9-2 Colonial Athletic Association), who have won 12 of their last 13 games.
Northeastern used an 8-0 run in the first half to jump out to a 33-21 lead with 4:53 left in the half. Nkem Ojougboh nailed a 3-pointer at the halftime buzzer to give the Huskies a 42-27 lead going into the break.
Northeastern maintained its lead for the entire second half, and the Monarchs got no closer than within six points.
Gerald Lee led Old Dominion (17-6, 9-2) with 16 points, while Keyon Carter and Frank Hassell scored 13 each. The loss snapped an eight-game win streak for the Monarchs.
The Huskies were outrebounded 34-21, but shot 59.5 percent from the field (25-for-42).
- Scoring spree: ODU guard Trey Freeman putting up big numbers Feb 17
- Irish survive upset bid in NCAA opener Mar 19
- Midwest Regional action pits Irish against Huskies Mar 19
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Western Kentucky knocks off No. 25 ODU Jan 10
- Western Kentucky hosts No. 25 Old Dominion Jan 10
- Newly ranked ODU rolls past Marshall Jan 8
- No. 25 Old Dominion takes aim at Marshall Jan 8
- Old Dominion knocks off cold-shooting VCU Nov 30
- 14th-ranked Rams butt heads with Monarchs Nov 29
- Jeff Jones named coach at Old Dominion Apr 4