Alabama State tops Texas Southern 62-61Jan 31, 2010 - 2:34 AM MONTGOMERY, Ala.(AP) -- Menji Mundadi scored 15 points and hit a game-winning free throw down the stretch to push Alabama State past Texas Southern 62-61 on Saturday night.
Tramaine Butler scored 18 points to lead the Hornets (9-10, 6-2 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who have won five games in a row.
After Deandre Hall made two free throws to put Texas Southern up by two with 50 seconds left in the game, Tramayne Moorer made a layup 6 seconds later to tie the score at 61.
Travele Jones then missed a layup for the Tigers, and Mundadi made 1 of 2 from the foul line with 6 seconds remaining for the final score. Texas Southern had one last chance, but Junior Treasure committed a turnover on the final possession.
Treasure scored 18 points for the Tigers (10-10, 6-2), who saw a four-game win streak snapped.
- Arizona cruises by Texas Southern Mar 19
- Arizona starts tournament play against Texas Southern Mar 19
- Texas Southern rallies late, wins SWAC title Mar 14
- Tigers, Jaguars meet in SWAC title clash Mar 14
- Texas Southern stuns No. 25 Michigan State in OT Dec 20
- Weary Tigers visit 25th-ranked Spartans Dec 20
- Gonzaga crushes Texas Southern Dec 16
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with Bulldogs Dec 15
- Cal Poly shuts down Texas Southern to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Mustangs and Tigers duke it out for spot in field of 64 Mar 19
- Texas Southern ends Prairie View's Cinderella run, wins SWAC Mar 15
- Franklin leads San Diego State past Texas Southern Dec 4