Tennessee Tech beats Southeast Missouri 82-68Jan 31, 2010 - 4:09 AM COOKEVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Kevin Murphy scored 20 points to lead Tennessee Tech to an 82-68 win over Southeast Missouri State on Saturday night.
Elijah Muhammad added 17 points for the Golden Eagles (12-10, 6-5 Ohio Valley Conference), who have won four games in a row.
Tennessee Tech closed out the first half with an 8-2 run to take a 44-35 halftime lead. They then opened the second half with a 9-2 run to jump out to a 53-37 lead with 15:37 remaining.
The Golden Eagles used a separate 13-1 run midway through the second half to gain their largest lead of the game at 66-44 with 9:08 left.
Jajuan Maxwell led the Redhawks (6-15, 3-8) with 17 points. Southeast Missouri has now lost three in a row and six of its last seven.
Tennessee Tech shot 43.1 percent from the field (25-for-58), while Southeast Missouri shot 37.7 percent (23-for-61).
- Tennessee Tech overtakes Robert Morris in 85-72 win Nov 27
- Tennessee Tech rips Piedmont College, 110-72 Nov 14
- Goodwin, Memphis stomp SEMO Dec 21
- Southeast Missouri hits road to challenge No. 15 Memphis Dec 21
- Tennessee Tech no match for No. 24 Oklahoma State Dec 22
- Pokes put perfect home mark on line against Golden Eagles Dec 22
- No. 12 Mizzou snaps to attention, beats SE Missouri State Dec 5
- Tigers set to pounce on Redhawks Dec 4
- Kansas downs Southeast Missouri State Nov 9
- SEMO seeks season-opening upset of No. 7 Kansas Nov 9
- Murray State routs Tennessee Tech in OVC semifinals Mar 2
- Golden Eagles hope to knock Racers out of OVC Tournament Mar 2