Northern Iowa tips Missouri State 55-54Jan 30, 2010 - 10:31 PM SPRINGFIELD, Mo.(AP) -- Kerwin Dunham's basket with 40 seconds left lifted Northern Iowa to a 55-54 win over Missouri State Saturday.
Northern Iowa (19-2, 10-1 Missouri Valley) trailed 54-50 with 1:38 left.
The conference-leading Panthers led by as many as seven with 10:57 left but Missouri State (15-7, 5-6), which was 11-1 at home going into Saturday's game, rallied on back-to-back 3-pointers by Adam Leonard and tied the game at 50 on Leonard's third 3 of the half with 4:20 left.
Baskets by Leonard and Will Creekmore gave Missouri State its 54-50 lead before Northern Iowa's comeback, which started when Ali Farokhmanesh made a free throw with 1:23 left. Adam Koch, who scored 10 points, made a jumper with 1:17 to go.
Jordan Eglseder led Northern Iowa with 14 points. Leonard led Missouri State with 17.
- Texas A&M downs N Iowa with historic last-minute comeback Mar 21
- Experienced Panthers eager to carry momentum forward Mar 19
- Jesperson's halfcourt shot puts Northern Iowa past Texas Mar 19
- First-year Texas coach Smart no longer the underdog Mar 17
- Northern Iowa gives Jacobson a new 10-year deal Apr 2
- Rozier, Louisville top UNI to reach 4th straight Sweet 16 Mar 23
- East Regional action pits Cards against Panthers Mar 22
- UNI holds off Wyoming Mar 20
- East Regional action pits Wyoming against Northern Iowa Mar 20
- Northern Iowa claims Missouri Valley title Mar 8
- Redbirds tangle with Panthers for MVC Tournament title Mar 8
- Northern Iowa downs Loyola to reach MVC final Mar 7