Coleman scores 37 as Houston beats Marshall 81-66Jan 31, 2010 - 2:25 AM HOUSTON(AP) -- The NCAA's top scorer, Aubrey Coleman, gave his best showing of the season, scoring 37 points and pulling down 13 rebounds to lead Houston to an 81-66 win over Marshall on Saturday.
It was the third-straight game in which Coleman, who entered the day averaging an NCAA-best 25.6 points per game, scored 30 or more for the Cougars (11-9, 4-3 USA). It was also his highest scoring and rebounding game this season.
The Cougars took the lead after just four minutes and never lost it, leading by as many as 20 points midway through the second half.
Maurice McNeil helped out with 13 points, while Kendrick Washington and Kelvin Lewis each added 10.
Damier Pitts led the Herd (15-6, 4-3) with nine rebounds and 12 points. Antonio Haymon also scored 12, Chris Lutz added 13 and Hassan Whiteside 10.
- Former UConn star Marshall to coach Central Connecticut Apr 6
- Marshall assistant coach Chris Duhon suspended after arrest Nov 30
- Mississippi State suspends F Demetrius Houston indefinitely Nov 17
- Marshall staying at Wichita State with new deal Apr 2
- Report: Marshall staying at Wichita State with new deal Apr 2
- SMU gets past Houston Feb 12
- Mustangs and Cougars clash in AAC action Feb 12
- Newly ranked ODU rolls past Marshall Jan 8
- No. 25 Old Dominion takes aim at Marshall Jan 8
- No. 22 WVU rallies to top Marshall Dec 14
- Marshall challenges No. 22 West Virginia Dec 14
- Louisville pulls away to down Marshall Nov 22