Rutgers snap 9-game slide; beats Notre Dame 74-73Jan 31, 2010 - 1:32 AM By TOM CANAVAN AP Sports Writer
PISCATAWAY, N.J.(AP) -- Mike Rosario scored 24 points and Hamady Ndiaye blocked two shots by Luke Harangody in the final minute as Rutgers ended a nine-game losing streak with a 74-73 victory over Notre Dame on Saturday.
James Beatty hit three free throws in the final 31.1 seconds as the Scarlet Knights (10-11, 1-8) became the last Big East team to win a game in the conference this season.
Dane Miller and Jonathan Mitchell added 12 points apiece and Beatty and Ndiaye had 10. Ndiaye had all six of his blocks in the second half.
Harangody had 19 points on a dreadful 8 of 26 shooting to lead Notre Dame (15-7, 4-5). Ben Hansbrough added 18, including two 3-pointers in the final 3 seconds and Tim Abromaitis had 17 as the Irish lost for the fourth time in five games.
- NCAA BB
NOTRE DAME 73
RUTGERS 74 FINAL
Jan 30 8:14 PM
- NCAA BB
NOTRE DAME 35
RUTGERS 33 HALFTIME
Jan 30 6:50 PM
- Rutgers raises $50 million in 4 months for athletics May 10
- Beachem says he'll be back at Notre Dame for senior season May 1
- Brandin Knight joins Rutgers basketball coaching staff Apr 18
- Rutgers confirms that Hobbs has joined Pikiell's staff Apr 14
- Notre Dame's Beachem enters NBA draft, won't hire an agent Apr 12
- Jay Young hired as assistant basketball coach at Rutgers Apr 11
- Karl Hobbs leaves UConn to join Pikiell's staff at Rutgers Mar 31
- Jackson: Meeting with Brey, NCAA play led him to opt for NBA Mar 30
- Notre Dame's Jackson decides to enter NBA draft Mar 29
- Brey: Notre Dame's Jackson has to explore entering NBA draft Mar 28
- Notre Dame can't find one last run to beat North Carolina Mar 28
- North Carolina and Notre Dame know each other well Mar 26