Wise leads Arizona to 76-72 victory over CalJan 31, 2010 - 11:00 PM By ANDREW BAGNATO AP Basketball Writer
TUCSON, Ariz.(AP) -- Nic Wise matched a career high with 30 points, and Arizona defeated California 76-72 on Sunday to grab a share of the Pac-10 lead at the midway point.
Derrick Williams had 15 points and 11 rebounds for the Wildcats (12-9, 6-3 Pac-10), who have won four straight.
Theo Robertson scored a career-high 27 points for the Golden Bears (14-7, 6-3), who had their three-game winning streak snapped.
Wise personally outscored Cal 7-2 in the final 52 seconds to lift the Wildcats. He broke a 69-69 tie with a bucket, then added five more points, including two free throws to ice it with 10 seconds left.
- NCAA BB
ARIZONA 76 FINAL
Jan 31 5:50 PM
- NCAA BB
ARIZONA 32 HALFTIME
Jan 31 4:26 PM
- Pitts transferring from Arizona May 17
- Cal's Ivan Rabb bypasses draft to stay for sophomore season Apr 25
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Arizona guard Allonzo Trier returning for sophomore season Apr 4
- Arizona's Justin Simon transferring after 1 season Mar 28
- Cal's tumultuous week ended by No. 13 seed Hawaii 77-66 Mar 18
- Cal point guard Tyrone Wallace breaks hand in practice Mar 18
- Arizona falters against Wichita State, loses 65-55 Mar 18
- Cal coach Cuonzo Martin declines to discuss school review Mar 17
- California tries to set aside distractions facing Hawaii Mar 17
- Cal to face familiar friend in Hawaii assistant Montgomery Mar 17
- Wichita State ready to keep rolling, faces Arizona Mar 16