Ball State defeats Ohio 67-66 in OTJan 31, 2010 - 9:40 PM ATHENS, Ohio(AP) -- Jarrod Jones scored on a layup with 3 seconds left in overtime to send Ball State to a 67-66 victory over Ohio on Sunday.
The Cardinals (11-9, 5-3 Mid-American Conference) scored four points in the final 13 seconds of overtime to rally from a 66-63 deficit and win their third consecutive game and fifth in the past six.
Ohio (11-10, 2-5) took a 64-63 lead on D.J. Cooper's free throws with 3:07 left and Kenneth van Kempen increased it to 66-63 with 2:27 to play.
Neither team scored until Ball State's Randy Davis hit a jumper to cut the lead to 66-65 with 13 seconds remaining. Ohio had a turnover, setting up Jones' game-winning shot.
Terrence Watson had a career-high 20 points and 16 rebounds for Ball State. Jones scored 12, Brawley Chisholm had 11 and Davis scored 10.
Tommy Freeman led Ohio with 16 points. Van Kempen added 13 and Armon Bassett scored 10.
BALL ST 67
OHIO 66 FINAL
Jan 31 4:21 PM
- NCAA BB
BALL ST 32
OHIO 40 HALFTIME
Jan 31 2:52 PM
- Ball State hangs on to beat Valparaiso 69-66 Nov 28
- No. 19 San Diego State cruises past Ball State Dec 21
- Cardinals pay visit to 19th-ranked Aztecs Dec 20
- No. 25 Utah takes care of Ball State Nov 15
- No. 25 Utah opens season against Ball State Nov 14
- Phillips leaves North Dakota State for Ohio U Apr 6
- UMass moves to 10-0 by subduing Ohio Dec 19
- Ohio hoping to knock UMass from ranks of the unbeaten Dec 18
- Buckeyes survive upset-minded Ohio Nov 12
- Bobcats battle 10th-ranked Buckeyes Nov 12
- Ball State names Whitford hoops coach Apr 6
- Akron routs Ohio for MAC title Mar 17