Indiana State rallies to beat Evansville, 63-56Jan 31, 2010 - 11:12 PM EVANSVILLE, Ind.(AP) -- Harry Marshall scored 21 points to lead Indiana State to a 63-56 comeback victory over Evansville on Sunday.
Carl Richard added 12 points for the Sycamores (13-9, 5-6 Missouri Valley) and Josh Crawford blocked seven Evansville shots.
Indiana State trailed 44-36 with 12 minutes to go, but held the Aces without a field goal until the last minute of the game, outscoring them 27-12 in that final 12-minute stretch. The Sycamores shot 40 percent from the field overall.
Colt Ryan scored 14 points to lead Evansville (6-15, 0-11). Denver Holmes had 12 for the Aces, who outrebounded the Sycamores 41-31 but were outscored in the paint 28-20. The Aces made just nine of their 26 shot attempts after halftime and finished the game at 38 percent (19-for-50).
- Indiana State athletic director resigns after 11-year tenure Dec 19
- Evansville claims CIT title over Northern Arizona Apr 2
- Northern Arizona and Evansville clash for CIT crown Apr 2
- Northern Iowa handles Evansville Feb 25
- No. 11 Wichita State downs Indiana State Feb 25
- Sycamores play host to 11th-ranked Shockers Feb 25
- Purple Aces hope to play spoiler in clash with Panthers Feb 25
- Wichita State shuts down Evansville Feb 22
- Evansville comes calling on No. 13 Wichita State Feb 22
- Wichita State routs Indiana State Feb 11
- Sycamores test luck against 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 11
- Tuttle, Northern Iowa win 10th straight Feb 3