Fortson leads Arkansas past Georgia 72-68Feb 4, 2010 - 2:20 AM By CHARLES ODUM AP Sports Writer
ATHENS, Ga.(AP) -- Courtney Fortson scored 27 points, including five free throws in the last 40 seconds, and Arkansas wiped out a big halftime deficit to beat Georgia 72-68 on Wednesday night.
Georgia led 37-22 at halftime but lost its shooting touch and its momentum after the break. The Razorbacks took the lead with a 26-8 run to open the second half.
Arkansas (11-11, 4-3 Southeastern Conference) took its third straight win. Mike Washington scored 13 of his 15 points in the second half for Arkansas.
Trey Thompkins led Georgia (9-11, 1-6) with 21 points.
The Bulldogs made only two shots from the field in the first 10 minutes of the second half.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
ARKANSAS 22 50 72
GEORGIA 37 31 68 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: ARKANSAS - COURTNEY FORTSON 27, MICHAEL WASHINGTON
15, MARSHAWN POWELL 14
GEORGIA - TREY THOMPKINS 21, TRAVIS LESLIE 14, TWO
PLAYERS WITH 11
Feb 3 9:10 PM
- NCAA BB
GEORGIA 37 HALFTIME
Feb 3 7:50 PM
- Georgia's Juwan Parker granted medical redshirt May 23
- Kingsley withdraws name from NBA draft, returns to Arkansas May 9
- Georgia signs forward Diatta as transfer from Southern Idaho Apr 20
- Arkansas' Kingsley enters NBA draft, won't hire agent Apr 12
- McGarity believes Georgia program still growing with Fox Mar 30
- Whitt transferring from Arkansas after freshman season Mar 30
- Anderson has NCAA tourney in sights next season for Arkansas Mar 22
- J.J. Frazier keeps believing, keeps shooting for Georgia Mar 4
- Arkansas reeling, postseason unlikely, following latest loss Feb 19
- Arkansas' Hannahs ready to face former school, Texas Tech Jan 30
- Georgia bracing for road trips to LSU and No. 17 Baylor Jan 25
- Georgia looking for turnaround following ugly loss to Aggies Jan 19