Calegari leads UC Davis past Cal Poly SLO 83-63Feb 5, 2010 - 5:12 AM DAVIS, Calif.(AP) -- Dominic Calegari scored 20 points on 8-for-10 shooting to lead UC Davis to an 83-63 victory over Cal Poly San Luis Obispo on Thursday night.
Joe Harden had 19 points and eight rebounds, Todd Lowenthal scored 11 points and Mark Payne added 10 points and seven assists for the Aggies (9-12, 5-4 Big West).
Lorenzo Keeler scored 30 points and made all 11 of his free throws for the Mustangs (8-13, 5-4). Keeler also sank five 3-point shots.
The Aggies led by as many as 28 points, at 68-40, with 6:51 remaining in the game.
Keeler scored the Mustangs' first 12 points to open the second half and didn't get a contribution from another teammate until Kyle Odister made a basket at the 10:13 mark.
Calegari had 12 points and the Aggies made 9 of 10 free throws to lead 35-24 at intermission.
- UC Davis hires Stanford's Kevin Blue as athletic director May 16
- No. 8 Gonzaga tops Cal Poly Dec 21
- Bulldogs take on Mustangs in Battle in Seattle Dec 20
- Shockers crush Cal Poly, move to 35-0 Mar 22
- Shockers tip off tourney run against Mustangs Mar 21
- Cal Poly shuts down Texas Southern to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Mustangs and Tigers duke it out for spot in field of 64 Mar 19
- Cal Poly clinches Big West, first NCAA berth Mar 16
- Big West championship game pits Mustangs against Matadors Mar 15
- Oregon routs Cal Poly Dec 2
- Cal Poly seeks upset of No. 14 Oregon Dec 1
- Gordon leads No. 6 Arizona past Cal Poly Nov 9