Gerrity, Vucevic lead USC past Cal 66-63Feb 5, 2010 - 5:45 AM By GREG BEACHAM AP Sports Writer
LOS ANGELES(AP) -- Mike Gerrity scored 12 points and hit two 3-pointers in the final minutes, and Nikola Vucevic made four free throws in the final 8.9 seconds as Southern California defeated California 66-63 on Thursday night.
Dwight Lewis had 13 points for USC (13-9, 5-5 Pac-10), which scored 25 consecutive points while holding Cal scoreless for a 10:46 stretch spanning halftime, turning an early 13-point deficit into a 42-30 lead.
Jerome Randle scored 29 points and rallied the Golden Bears (14-8, 6-4), who began the night tied with Arizona for the Pac-10 lead.
Cal traded the lead with USC in the final minutes, but after Theo Robertson missed a potential tying free throw with 10 seconds left, Vucevic kept the Trojans ahead.
- NCAA BB
USC 66 FINAL
Feb 5 12:34 AM
- NCAA BB
USC 27 HALFTIME
Feb 4 11:22 PM
- Cal's Ivan Rabb bypasses draft to stay for sophomore season Apr 25
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Southern California extends coach Andy Enfield's contract Mar 28
- Cal's tumultuous week ended by No. 13 seed Hawaii 77-66 Mar 18
- Cal point guard Tyrone Wallace breaks hand in practice Mar 18
- Cal coach Cuonzo Martin declines to discuss school review Mar 17
- California tries to set aside distractions facing Hawaii Mar 17
- Cal to face familiar friend in Hawaii assistant Montgomery Mar 17
- NCAA wins scarce lately for Providence, Southern Cal Mar 16
- USC chosen for first NCAA Tournament since 2011 Mar 13
- No. 24 California enters Pac-12 tournament on a roll Mar 7
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5