Rosen has 16, Penn holds on to top Dartmouth 53-51Feb 6, 2010 - 3:14 AM HANOVER, N.H.(AP) -- Zack Rosen had 16 points as Penn held on to defeat Dartmouth 53-51 on Friday night and win two games in a row for the first time this season.
Leading 51-45 with 6:03 left, the Quakers (3-14, 2-1 Ivy League) were held to only one basket the rest of the way, but it was enough. After a David Rufful basket pulled the Big Green (4-15, 0-5) within two points with 1:28 left, neither team scored again. The Big Green missed four shots in the final 5 seconds, the last a put-back by Robby Pride at the buzzer.
Conor Turley added 11 points for Penn, which shot 45 percent from the field (18-for-40).
Dartmouth shot 21-for-57 (36.8 percent) for the game, but was only 8-for-29 (27.6 percent) in the second half.
Rufful and Ronnie Dixon scored 17 points apiece for the Big Green, hitting three 3-pointers each. Dartmouth went 7-for-19 from long range, but only 2-for-3 from the line.
- Penn holds on to beat Robert Morris 76-75 Nov 13
- Donahue tries to revitalize career, sagging program at Penn Nov 12
- Penn names Steve Donahue men's hoops coach Mar 16
- Penn coach Allen resigns Mar 9
- No. 5 Villanova pulls away to beat Penn Jan 17
- Penn faces tall task in clash with No. 5 Villanova Jan 17
- Villanova pulls away from Penn in Big-5 clash Dec 5
- Red-hot Villanova hosts local rival Penn Dec 4
- Jones helps No. 17 Butler top Penn Jan 3
- No. 17 Butler plays host to Penn Jan 2
- Former NBA, college coach Dick Harter dies Mar 13
- No. 25 Harvard holds off Penn Feb 10