Cornell sinks Yale 90-71Feb 6, 2010 - 2:58 AM ITHACA, N.Y.(AP) -- Jon Jaques scored 17 points and Jeff Foote recorded a double-double, leading Cornell to a 90-71 win over Yale on Friday night.
Foote finished with 15 points and 13 boards for the Big Red (19-3, 5-0 Ivy League), who have won seven in a row to keep their spot atop the conference standings. Louis Dale and Ryan Wittman also scored 15 points apiece for Cornell.
Jaques and Wittman hit four 3-pointers each for the Big Red, who finished 13-for-27 from long range (48.1 percent). The Bulldogs were just 3-for-16 from beyond the arc (18.8 percent).
Wittman hit a pair of 3s and Foote scored six straight points early on, sparking a 23-9 run to open the game and the Big Red never looked back. Cornell never trailed in the contest, taking a 12-point lead at halftime and outscoring Yale 44-37 in the second.
Alex Zampier scored 11 points to lead the Bulldogs (8-14, 2-3).
- Brian Earl hired as Cornell men's basketball coach Apr 18
- Defending champ Duke, upstart Yale ready for 2nd round clash Mar 18
- From controversy to NCAA upset artist, Yale eyeing more Mar 18
- Yale blocks out captain's dismissal heading to NCAA tourney Mar 16
- Former Yale captain says he'll sue school over expulsion Mar 14
- Yale, without captain, celebrates first bid in 54 years Mar 13
- Yale team navigates campus anger amid NCAA Tournament bid Mar 10
- Yale captain Montague won't return to Ivy league leaders Feb 24
- Stifling D lifts Cornell over Penn State-Harrisburg, 76-47 Nov 23
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Murray State beats Yale for CIT title Apr 3
- Racers host Bulldogs for CIT crown Apr 3