Loyola (Md.) pulls away late against Rider 80-73Feb 6, 2010 - 2:51 AM LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J.(AP) -- Brett Harvey scored 15 points and Shane Walker had a double-double to lead Loyola of Maryland to an 80-73 win over Rider on Friday night.
Walker finished with 12 points and 12 rebounds for the Greyhounds (11-12, 4-9 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference). J'hared Hall scored 14 points, Brian Rudolph had 12 and Robert Olsen added 10.
Loyola, which hit a total of 10 3-pointers, completed a regular-season sweep of the Broncs (13-12, 6-7). The Greyhounds shot 54 percent from the floor (27-for-50) compared to Rider, which shot 38.7 percent (24-for-62).
The Broncs cut Loyola's lead to 75-73 with 2:37 to play on a layup by Justin Robinson, who led Rider with 19 points on 6 of 14 shooting. But the Greyhounds would hold them scoreless the rest of the way for the victory.
Ryan Thompson finished with 14 points, Brandon Penn had 11, and Novar Gadson and Mike Ringgold each scored 10.
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA MD 80
RIDER 73 FINAL
Feb 5 9:04 PM
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA MD 43
RIDER 45 HALFTIME
Feb 5 8:00 PM
- Correction: T25-Rider-Maryland story Nov 23
- No. 20 Michigan State trounces Rider Nov 28
- Orlando Classic action pits Spartans against Broncs Nov 27
- No. 11 Kansas easily gets past Rider Nov 25
- Rider faces tall task in clash with Kansas Nov 24
- Villanova crushes Rider, moves to 11-0 Dec 21
- Villanova continues run against Rider Dec 21
- Late surge gets No. 13 UConn past Loyola Nov 27
- Greyhounds hoping to run past 13th-ranked Huskies Nov 26
- Loyola-Maryland promotes Smith to head coach Apr 12
- Dempsey leaving Rider for Binghamton May 24
- Baggett named Rider head coach May 24