Montana closes gap on Weber State in Big Sky 75-61Feb 6, 2010 - 4:26 AM MISSOULA, Mont.(AP) -- Anthony Johnson scored 16 of his 18 points in the second half and surging Montana topped league-leading Weber State 75-61 in Big Sky play Friday night.
Johnson sank 12 of 14 free throws in the second half. Montana enjoyed a 21-for-28 outing from the foul line for the game. The Wildcats made just 10 trips.
Ryan Staudacher provided the shooting touch for the Grizzlies (16-7, 7-4), who have won six of their last seven and snapped an eight-game losing streak to Weber State.
Staudacher hit five 3-pointers and finished with 16 points. His 3-pointer with 5:14 left gave Montana a 68-52 after Weber State had closed within eight on a 9-0 spurt. Will Cherry added 14 points.
Damian Lillard scored 24 points to lead the Wildcats (14-8, 8-2). Lindsey Hughey and Franklin Session had 12 apiece.
Weber State had beaten the Grizzlies 64-56 last month.
- NCAA BB
WEBER ST 61
MONTANA 75 FINAL
Feb 5 10:55 PM
- NCAA BB
WEBER ST 26
MONTANA 37 HALFTIME
Feb 5 9:47 PM
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- No. 19 Oklahoma blows past Weber State Dec 22
- Oklahoma hoping to bounce back in bout with Weber State Dec 22
- Montana tabs DeCuire to replace Tinkle May 31
- Gordon helps Arizona get past Weber State Mar 21
- Weber State faces tall task in clash with No. 1 seed Arizona Mar 21
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- Montana dismisses Coleman Jun 7