Texas State holds off McNeese State 95-88Feb 7, 2010 - 1:03 AM SAN MARCOS, Texas(AP) -- Cameron Johnson scored 29 points and Tony Bishop added 11 points and 11 rebounds as Texas State held off McNeese State 95-88 in a back-and-forth game Saturday.
J.B. Conley added 17 points for the Bobcats (11-12, 5-4 Southland), who were outscored 46-30 in the paint but overcame it by hitting 35-of-47 free throws.
Stephan Martin led the Cowboys (8-14, 3-5) with 24 points while Will Morning finished with 20 points and nine rebounds, both career highs. Diego Kapelan added 17 points.
The game featured 17 ties and 16 lead changes and neither team led by more than eight.
Trailing 77-74 with 5:59 to play, Texas State took the lead for good with a 9-2 run. McNeese State got as close as two only once the rest of the way.
- NCAA BB
MCNEESE ST 88
TEXAS STATE 95 FINAL
Feb 6 7:04 PM
- NCAA BB
MCNEESE ST 45
TEXAS STATE 43 HALFTIME
Feb 6 5:54 PM
- Longhorns rout Texas State Dec 13
- Lone Star State showdown pits Longhorns against Bobcats Dec 13
- San Diego State blows past McNeese State Dec 22
- No. 24 San Diego State entertains McNeese State Dec 21
- Balanced attack sends Michigan State past McNeese State Nov 9
- No. 2 Michigan State opens against McNeese State Nov 8
- Texas State tabs Kaspar as men's hoops coach Apr 5
- North Carolina routs McNeese State Dec 22
- McNeese State comes calling on No. 23 North Carolina Dec 22
- Lamar downs McNeese State in Southland final Mar 11
- Cardinals and Cowboys clash for Southland crown Mar 10
- California uses big second half to beat McNeese State Nov 29