Fairleigh Dickinson defeats Monmouth (N.J.) 71-65Feb 6, 2010 - 8:41 PM WEST LONG BRANCH, N.J.(AP) -- Sean Baptiste scored 24 points to lead Fairleigh Dickinson in a 71-65 victory over Monmouth (N.J.) on Saturday.
Alvin Mofunanya added 16 points and 11 rebounds for the Knights (8-16, 7-5 Northeast Conference), who gained back-to-back wins against Monmouth. Fairleigh Dickinson defeated the Hawks 75-69 on Feb. 2.
The game was tied seven times, with the advantage going back and forth throughout. Neither team led by more than six points.
In the final minute, the Knights held a two-point lead when Fairleigh Dickinson's Mike Scott nailed two free throws to give them a 69-65 advantage with 31 seconds left. The Hawks tried to trim the lead, but Whitney Coleman's 3 was off target. Baptiste then made two more free throws for the final score.
Will Campbell scored 21 points for Monmouth (10-14, 6-6). Ed Waite added 10 points and a career-high 17 rebounds in the losing effort.
- NCAA BB
FAIR DICKINSON 71
MONMOUTH 65 FINAL
Feb 6 2:11 PM
- NCAA BB
FAIR DICKINSON 28
MONMOUTH 25 HALFTIME
Feb 6 12:51 PM
- Fla. Gulf Coast, Fairleigh Dickinson face off in First Four Mar 15
- Coach Herenda has Fairleigh Dickinson back in NCAA Tourney Mar 12
- Monmouth basketball coach King Rice has new 5-year contract Feb 26
- Born with broken ankle, Monmouth guard beating doubters Feb 18
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Fairleigh Dickinson 72-70 Feb 13
- GIF away, Monmouth! NCAA not stopping bench celebrations Dec 9
- Surprising Monmouth basketball winning and having fun Dec 3
- Harrison, St. John's pull away from FDU Dec 11
- Red Storm set sights on Knights Dec 10
- Iowa routs FDU Dec 9
- Hawkeyes hope to avoid upset in clash with visiting Knights Dec 9
- Wildcats put up 100 points in Miller's 100th win Nov 19