North Dakota defeats SIU-Edwardsville 57-50Feb 7, 2010 - 10:09 PM EDWARDSVILLE, Ill.(AP) -- Travis Bledsoe scored 11 points and Travis Mertens had 10 points and seven rebounds as North Dakota defeated Southern Illinois Edwardsville 57-50 on Sunday.
North Dakota (5-17) shot 56 percent from the field, making 20-of-36 shots, to win the nonconference game. That was better than the Sioux's performance at the free-throw line, where they were 12-for-22, or 55 percent.
The Sioux scored almost half of their points, 28, in the paint.
Mark Yelovich led all scorers with 18 points for SIUE (3-21), which has lost 15 of its last 16 games. The Cougars made just 13 of their 48 shots, or 27 percent. They were just 5-for-24 (21 percent) in the second half.
The score was tied at 23 at halftime.
roots#1 Cards Fan Added 5 roots
North Dakota 57, Southern Illinois-Edwardsville 50 FinalFeb 7 5:39 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTH DAKOTA 57
SIU EDWARDSVILL 50 FINAL
Feb 7 4:34 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTH DAKOTA 23
SIU EDWARDSVILL 23 HALFTIME
Feb 7 3:24 PM
- North Dakota sells Fighting Sioux items to satisfy NCAA Feb 18
- North Dakota beats NAIA's Valley City State 80-59 Dec 17
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- SIU-Edwardsville hires Cal's Harris as coach Apr 3
- Forrester won't return as SIU-Edwardsville coach Mar 10
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- North Dakota comes calling on No. 14 Oregon Nov 30
- North Dakota tangles with No. 12 Wisconsin Nov 19
- Bowers paces Mizzou in season-opening win Nov 10
- North Dakota claims second straight Great West Conference title Mar 10
- Great West crown on the line in Windy City Mar 10