Belmont knocks off North Florida 70-56Feb 7, 2010 - 10:39 PM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Ian Clark hit nine 3-pointers and scored 31 points to lead Belmont to a 70-56 victory over North Florida on Sunday.
Clark, a freshman guard, was a career-high 9-for-11 from the 3-point line as the Bruins (15-10, 10-5 Atlantic Sun Conference) won for the sixth time in seven games.
Belmont, which is tied with Lipscomb for first place in the A-Sun, was 13-for-27 from beyond the arc (48.1 percent).
Clark's first 3-pointer, just 52 seconds into the game, gave Belmont a 3-2 lead and the Bruins never trailed again to gain a split in the season series. He hit back-to-back 3s - 48 seconds apart - to increase the margin to 43-27 with 17:08 remaining in the game.
Mick Hedgepeth added 14 points and eight rebounds for Belmont.
Eni Cuka scored 14 points, Jerron Granberry had 12 and Brad Haugabrook added 10 points for North Florida (11-13, 6-8), which committed 20 turnovers.
- Virginia staves off upset bid from Belmont Mar 20
- Belmont battles Virginia in East Regional melee Mar 20
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Ospreys and Spartans collide in A-Sun title bout Mar 8
- Belmont shocks Murray State to win OVC crown Mar 7
- Racers and Bruins battle for OVC crown Mar 7
- Eastern Kentucky tops Belmont in OVC title game Mar 9
- Bruins battle Colonels for OVC crown Mar 8
- Randle helps Kentucky fend off Belmont Dec 21
- Wildcats set sights on Bruins Dec 21
- No. 5 Michigan State cruises past North Florida Dec 17