Broussard lifts Seattle past Portland State 80-77Feb 7, 2010 - 10:27 PM PORTLAND, Ore.(AP)Aaron Broussard scored a game-high 21 points, including a 3-pointer with less than a second remaining, to lift Seattle past Portland State 80-77 on Sunday.
Cervante' Burrell added 15 points and Charles Garcia had 12 for the Redhawks (11-13) in the nonconference game.
Julius Thomas led Portland State (10-13) with 19 points. Jamie Jones had 18 points and nine rebounds and Dominic Waters added 15 points for the Vikings.
Portland State led 60-52 after Jones' rebound put-back with 11:50 remaining. Seattle battled back and took its first lead of the half 71-70 on two free throws by Garcia with 4:52 to play. Portland State went ahead 77-75 when Waters made two free throws with 1:46 left, but a lay-in by the Redhawks' Alex Jones tied the game at 77 with 1:13 to go.
Portland State shot 50 percent from the field to Seattle's 41 percent.
- NCAA BB
PORTLAND ST 77 FINAL
Feb 7 5:02 PM
- NCAA BB
PORTLAND ST 40 HALFTIME
Feb 7 3:52 PM
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- Oklahoma State handles Portland State Nov 25
- Vikings hope to navigate past 20th-ranked Cowboys Nov 25
- Scott's 33 helps Virginia escape Seattle with win Dec 22
- No. 24 Cavaliers take on Redhawks in Seattle Dec 21
- Weber State holds off Portland State 69-60 Mar 9
- Seattle's Garcia declares for NBA draft Mar 8
- Portland St. 68, Montana St. 65 Mar 7
- Portland State slips past Montana State 68-65 Mar 7
- Seattle 74, Utah Valley St. 64 Mar 6