Longwood beats Fairleigh Dickinson 83-81Feb 9, 2010 - 2:56 AM HACKENSACK, N.J.(AP) -- Dana Smith and Martiz Washington scored 19 points apiece, and Kevin Swecker hit three foul shots in the final 23 seconds, leading Longwood past Fairleigh Dickinson 83-81 on Monday night.
Swecker had 15 points while Antwan Carter added 14 points and 10 rebounds for the Lancers (8-16), who have won four games in a row.
Washington and Swecker hit four 3-pointers apiece, Smith knocked down three and Aaron Mitchell, who finished with 10 points, connected on his only 3 attempt. The Lancers finished 12-for-21 from long range, while the Knights were 8-for-17.
Longwood jumped out to a 16-4 lead, capped by back to back 3s by Swecker, and led by 18 at halftime. The Knights chipped away in the second, eventually cutting the lead to 80-78 in the final minute, but Swecker's free throws sealed it for Longwood.
Sean Baptiste scored 30 points for the Knights (8-17).
- NCAA BB
FAIR DICKINSON 81 FINAL
Feb 8 8:51 PM
- NCAA BB
FAIR DICKINSON 29 HALFTIME
Feb 8 7:44 PM
- Fla. Gulf Coast, Fairleigh Dickinson face off in First Four Mar 15
- Coach Herenda has Fairleigh Dickinson back in NCAA Tourney Mar 12
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Fairleigh Dickinson 72-70 Feb 13
- Harrison, St. John's pull away from FDU Dec 11
- Red Storm set sights on Knights Dec 10
- Iowa routs FDU Dec 9
- Hawkeyes hope to avoid upset in clash with visiting Knights Dec 9
- Wildcats put up 100 points in Miller's 100th win Nov 19
- Miller seeks milestone win as Wildcats host Knights Nov 18
- FDU names Herenda men's hoops coach Apr 26
- Gillian resigns as Longwood men's hoops coach Mar 14
- Porter, Georgetown rout Longwood Dec 10