Kennedy, Lee lead Detroit to easy 92-72 victoryFeb 9, 2010 - 2:48 AM DETROIT(AP) -- Thomas Kennedy and Lamar Lee each scored 15 points and Detroit built a big lead early then coasted past Chicago State 92-72 Monday night.
Xavier Keeling added 13 points and Chase Simon 12 for the Titans (15-10), who shot 57.9 percent in ending a two-game losing streak.
Carl Montgomery scored 20 points and Kabangu Tshinga Kasamba had 18 for the Cougars (7-18).
Detroit used a 10-0 run to extend its lead to 38-20 with 7:11 remaining the first half and led by double digits the rest of the game. The Titans went into halftime up 54-33. They led by at least 19 throughout the second half, and two free throws by Curtis Eatmon with 8:06 to play gave them their biggest lead, 84-53.
Chicago State led by four twice in the game's first five minutes before Detroit pulled ahead 18-10 with a 12-0 run. The Titans never trailed again.
- Chicago State pulls away from Trinity International, 81-69 Nov 21
- Wichita State rallies past Detroit Dec 13
- Titans seek upset of 11th-ranked Shockers Dec 13
- No. 24 Michigan pulls away to beat Detroit Nov 20
- Intrastate rivals collide, as Titans visit Wolverines Nov 20
- Calhoun, UConn rout Detroit Nov 14
- Huskies host Titans in 2K Sports Classic Nov 14
- Chicago State victorious in Great West Conference championship Mar 17
- Huskies, Cougars set for Great West title clash Mar 16
- No. 10 Ohio State rolls past Chicago State Dec 29
- Chicago State comes calling on No. 10 Ohio State Dec 29
- Detroit-Temple men's hoops game postponed Dec 27